- This event has passed.
May 8, 2018 @ 8:00 am - May 12, 2018 @ 12:00 pm$1495
Learn how to mobilize this wellness guidance system for yourself and your clients at our next SyNAPSE Retreat, May 8-12, 2018 near Nashville, TN, and experience practical and effective mind-body tools to implement in your practice, while relaxing in a welcoming community of like-hearted people. TheSyNAPSE retreat is for behavioral health professionals AND anyone else who would like to attend.
- Nutrition & Brain Optimization
- Meditation and Mindfulness Practice
- Positive Psychology for Getting Clear & Moving Forward
- Spirituality and Self-Realization
We all want to be healthy and happy and integrate effective tools to nurture body, mind and spirit. Yet, assimilating the wealth of information available and putting it into best practice can sometimes feel overwhelming. It need not be.
Dr. Joan Borysenko and Dr. Gilah Rosner invite you to learn a multidimensional approach uniting the latest finds in neuroscience, nutritional science, positive psychology and epigenetics together with mindfulness practice and traditional healing wisdom.
SyNAPSE will enhance your skills for treating the whole person by identifying individual strengths and vulnerabilities and empowering you and your clients to take charge of your own health and wellbeing.
During this experiential retreat/training you will:
- Integrate cutting-edge nutritional science, neuroscience and positive psychology for wellness and/or recovery.
- Discover how epigenetics and the microbiome-gut-brain axis impact behavior.
- Experience evidenced-based practices that promote neuroplasticity and heart reconnection.
- Learn which food choices optimize brain physiology, cognitive function and mood, and participate in hands-on culinary demos and tastings of healing foods
- Receive instructional materials for your personal use or to use with your clients and patients
- Engage in daily mind-body practices and informal small group discussion.
- Experience acres of the healing beauty of nature at Pinewood Farms including the Medicine Wheel, River, Woods, and optional Sweat Lodge.
Learn and experience practical and effective mind-body tools to implement in your life and in your practice, while relaxing in a beautiful and informal setting
Our retreat, held at the stunning Five Star Retreat lodge in the gorgeous Tennessee countryside, begins Tuesday evening, May 8 with a relaxed meet-and-greet followed by dinner and evening program. Each day you’ll enjoy fresh, farm-to-table organic breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. The food is scrumptiously veggie-centric with local eggs, dairy and meat options.
SyNAPSE will be held at the gorgeous Five Star Retreat on 300 acres of Tennessee’s most beautiful rolling hills, with a large lake and 2 scenic creeks, an 8,500 sq ft Lodge and conference center. A block of rooms is being held at the nearby Holiday Inn.
The program ends around noon on Saturday, May 12, so you have the option to stay for extra nights in nearby Nashville.
Space is limited in order to ensure that each participant has a quality experience.
For this small, exclusive training with Joan and Gilah, payment in full is due at the time of registration to secure your spot. The tuition includes a $175 non-refundable administrative fee.
Registration includes tuition and all meals. Lodging is separate.
Please Note: We request notice of cancellation no later than April 9, 2018. A refund (less the administrative fee) will be issued if a participant withdraws AND we can refill your spot. No refunds will be issued after April 9, 2018.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION—$1495 available through February 8, 2018.
($1645 February 9, 2018 and thereafter.)